Friday, November 21, 2008

EDM 5 - Draw Your Bed (in 3 parts)

I have been putting off drawing this EDM because I knew I would have difficulty with it, and I was right. My bed is gigantic, and it takes up most of the room that it's in, so I knew I wouldn't be able to stand far enough back to get a good view of the whole thing. On top of that, I had no desire whatsoever to draw a bed, so I really had to push myself to do this one. This was my first try, just the headboard with a little lamp attached to it. The proportions are all wrong and it doesn't look anything like the headboard, so I tried again:
This time I tried for a side view, but the damn bed is so immense I just couldn't draw it smaller! Look how I screwed up the proportions of the headboard on the right, compared to the left footboard. I just couldn't get into this. Finally, I decided to just draw a bed from my imagination, which I'm much happier with:
Many times my imagination is better than reality anyway!

No comments: